Secure document destroying and shredding
With General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) being the buzzword on the tip of many business owner’s tongues KCM can provide easy solutions to all your confidential document shredding needs.
Whatever your business size or location across South Yorkshire we can deliver to you a free secure container for you to deposit your paperwork into. We will then collect your documents and take them to our onsite secure shredding room at our South Yorkshire recycling plant.
The paperwork will be destroyed within 24 hours, this ensures you comply with data protection and data theft laws.
We can schedule document collection as frequently as you need it or on an irregular, ad hoc basis.
What documentation should be destroyed?
Invoices and financial documents
Bank statements and letters
End of line stock
What happens to the shredded paper?
KCM will provide you with either a container or recyclable bags for you to put all your secure documents in. Once you have sealed these, they will never be reopened. Our dedicated team will then transport these documents to our plant ready for shredding and secure destruction protecting and secure information. We then recycle the remains of the shredded documents to be reused for a variety of purposes.
Paper recycling facts
- If we recycled all newspapers, we could save over 250 million trees each and every year.
- Twenty-four trees are cut down to make one ton of newspaper.
- The average UK family throws away six trees worth of paper in their household bin a year.
- Recycled paper produces 73% less air pollution than if it was made from raw materials.
- Paper and card make up about a fifth of the typical household dustbin. About half of this consists of newspapers and magazines.
- Each Christmas as much as 83 square kilometres of wrapping paper ends up in UK rubbish bins, enough to cover an area larger than Guernsey.
- Although, figures could be much worse. Luckily, two-thirds of paper is recycled in the UK, making it one of the most widely recycled waste items nationally.